Saturday, August 22, 2009

me and my art

It is Saturday. 
And I just made a blog. 

Finding a suitable name was much more of an ordeal than I had anticipated. Well, that is not entirely truthful. Finding a suitable name was a breeze. Finding a suitable name that had occurred to no one else was more difficult. After trying about twelve names and finding they had all been "stolen," I landed on moon shadow milk which I got from a poem I wrote a while ago - one of those "crazy dream thoughts" turned poem.


The Dreamer
By
 Lindsay Laliberte

Softly treading down old creaky stairs,
Carefully avoiding shadow shrouded chairs,

A miniature dreamer, awakened too soon,
Pulls back the curtains, stares up at the moon.

Wind whispering softly through a chink in the pane
Beckons the dreamer to dream once again.

A vessel constructed of cardboard and a spoon,
Is suitable conveyance for a journey to the moon.

Tossed on a gale of sweet moon shadow milk,
Wrapped in a curtain of rose petal silk.

Bottled-up star-flair held tightly in hand,
"Oh sweet little specter, where will thou land?"

"My bed floats beneath, God's pearl lies above
I have searched all between for the one they call love.

Have you heard of the one they call love?
They say he came down from the heavens above.

He crafted this moon with his unerring hands,
and with them he laid the wisest of plans.

It is him I must find for it is him that does save, 
With the salvation he bought with the blood that he gave."

"Faint little moon child, it is not you who must seek,
For love sought you and saved you, before you had lips to speak.

Starlight phantom, He asks that you only believe
That He loved you first and He does not deceive.

Rest now sweet child, return to thy bed.
Knowing He lives in thy heart, rest now they head."

Scarce had the moon sunk into the sea
And God pulled up the sun quite majestically.

Than silently the dreamer returned to this shore
Possessing the love that made waking worth living for.



My main reason for starting this blog is to share my art with the outside world. Along the way I am sure I will share other things that appeal to me. I will probably end up sharing things about myself too.

As that is the case, I might as well begin by warning you that I am a sinner in desperate need of a savior. That savior is Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who lived a perfect life, and died the death of a criminal, bearing the full wrath of God, for me. And He has made me a child of God, covering my sin with his righteousness. Now I am experiencing the joy (often mixed with the trial) of being raised from death to life by the love of Christ.

I am by no means perfect, a fact which you would readily affirm (at least in your head) if you saw me in action, and weren't just reading my blog. Therefore, I will try to not give any false impressions, or at least to leave you with the impression that any accomplishments of mine are the result of something besides Christ's love at work in me.


Those are facts of me. Now for the art... of me.
  
   






































  

2 comments:

  1. Lindsay, Congratulations on your new blog! I love it, and I love your art. So gentle, sweet, and soft. Just like you.... Did I mention your very talented? You are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear! you have blog :) i'm so glad :) and it is a beautiful blog indeed, coming from a very beautiful girl, who has a beautiful humble heart for her savior, beautiful skilled hands, a beautiful creative mind and a beautiful way with words.
    i love you

    ReplyDelete