Friday, August 28, 2009

my home is my oyster...?


Another hot day. A good day for frozen yogurt and shopping for air-soft pellets and birthday cards with my younger brother, Trenton. Thank you Jesus for making my heart soft when it didn't want to be, and for blessing my  time with my little (taller!?!) brother. Amen.


I'm home alone now? How strange. When ten people all participate in an exodus from the house, it is quite a phenomenon.  

Well, how will I spend this short space of aloneness? First by posting these pictures I took from my room.

Over the past year I have been redecorating my room (when you buy everything from craigslist and thrift shops it really does take that long). After a year of this, I am finally tasting the fruits of my labor. And so, I will share some of my on sale, thrifted, craigslisted, handmade, and hand-edited treasures and hopefully encourage anyone who reads this that a space can be transformed without spending buckets of the green stuff... but it does take a willingness to wait. 









Account:
embroidered artwork - thrifted
dear statuette - estate sale
konica camera - thrifted 
vintage dominoes - thrifted 
bottle vase - UO clearance
 wingback chair - craigslist
red pillow - UO clearance
 magazine rack table - furniture store clearance
 ladderback chair - thrifted
 white fold-out desk - craigslist (edited with my stencil design)

And finally, my favorite clock friend, hand made for me by my favorite Bree friend (www.theartcupboard.blogspot.com) for my sixteenth. I love you Bree!




Now off to enjoy the next little while of time alone. Perhaps reading, perhaps violin, perhaps drawing, who's to say where my mind will wander...

2 comments:

  1. That white desk is fabulous! I love the stenciling :) Nice work! Also love the camera :) Also am loving this blog :)

    luv,
    Wendy Morante (remember me?) If not, ask your younger, taller brother ;)

    Keep writing, and thrifting, and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lindsay welcome to blogging :) I love your room and all your goodies. I really love the color you painted your walls! Now to get to work on that quilt :) Give me a call when you're ready...seriously! I got the books at Superbuzzy.com they specialize in Japanese craft books and fabric. I'm warning you it's a dangerous place to shop lol. There is also a place off of Balboa called Bookoff that is a used bookstore but they have a large Japanese section and the Japanese market right next door has a bookstore where they carry one of the books in that pile. Also try Yesasia.com Although it can be a bit of a pain to navigate without a title and since I don't know Japanese I don't know the titles...I've made two more smaller versions of the pincushions...minature makes me happy too! Tell your mom I said hi and I miss her!!!!

    ReplyDelete