Monday, September 7, 2009

playdough picnic


Happy Labor day everyone (and by everyone I mean the few people who actually read my blog ^_^). Hope your day has been well. Mine has been.



It began as a struggle. As soon as I woke up my hard heart resented my mom's suggestion to spend some special time with my sister. It was clear proof (if any was needed) that my heart, when left to itself, does not want to love anyone but myself. However, in the midst of struggle, God showed me my heart and then showed me Christ's heart, which never once resented me but in fact died to rescue my cold, hard heart from itself and give me the power to love my sister - even when it  felt impossible. And bless the name of my risen savior whom I asked to give me strength to love my sister, and he did. That blessed my soul today more than almost anything else.


Therefore, with a picture of the cross etched in my mind and the power of the cross etched on my heart, I had a playdough picnic with Madison. It was great fun. 


Menu
Cheeseburgers
Spaghetti Squash
Grapes
Pickles
Cookies
Cupcakes
Orange Soda
Strawberry Yogurt


God is good.

5 comments:

  1. *gasp* when was this?? i feel so left out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww this is so sweet :) thank you for encouraging gospel centered post :) such a good reminder of how incapable i am, and everyone else it, when reminded i see more clearly my need for a savior :)
    the map is of Los Angeles
    its a series of two :) the other is an old 1940's camera painted on the map of san Francisco :) still in progress

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing this. . . I loved your words, "Therefore, with a picture of the cross etched in my mind and the power of the cross etched on my heart, I. . will. . " I hope to start the tasks of my day or the interruptions of "my" plans (with His plans) with that statement. . .what a blessing this blog and your words have been!

    Enjoying getting to know you :)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I'm actually sad now that Ava doesn't have an awesome big sister to take her on a playdough picnic!!

    ReplyDelete