Wednesday, September 2, 2009

pocket kite

Last night Dad decided to bless me and my mother with a lovely evening out together. We did some shopping at Jimbo's and then had a yummy, healthy dinner at the Jimbo's deli - caprese panini, organic cole slaw, and ginger bear (and some gluten free carrot cake and brownie mousse pie to go, of course). After this was a visit to World Market - one of my most favorite places. Among the many treasures there, I discovered this. A brilliant idea really. The Stow'n'go pocket kite.


Doesn't it just seem that whenever you have a kite to fly, there's no wind to fly it in? And whenever you have the wind, you have no kite to fly? This would be the end of every kite flying woe - kite flying on the go. I want a pink one. 

After world market (where some of this was definitely purchased------------------------->) 
we made our way to Coffee Bean where my sister was working, said hi, ordered two African Sunrise teas, and sat outside enjoying a warm twilight, hot tea, and cold dessert. I was blessed, my mom was blessed, my dad was blessed to bless us - how can God be so kind to a creature like me? He's given me all that I need in his Son, and then, on top of that, he hands me such grace-filled times like last night. Apart from Christ, last night would not have been the blessing it was. Thank you God for being such a good God by giving me your son. Amen. 


More artworks are on the way. I was feeling especially motivated this morning. Stay tuned. 

1 comment:

  1. awww i love you and your mom :) you guys are the best. i'm glad you had a lovely day dear :) i love the pocket kite!! amazing :)
    God has blessed me so greatly by giving me you as a friend :) i love you soooooo much :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete